During this time of social distancing, use your extra time at home to dive into the word of God. I’m praying these devotions through the book of Colossians will assist as you study and apply Scripture. To listen to the podcast, click the links at the bottom of the article. God bless you all through this unique time!
Today we’ll be looking at Colossians 1:9-14:
And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins (Col. 1:9-14).
Paul praying four things for the Colossians:
- That they would be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and understanding- James 1:5 promises that if we ask God for wisdom he will give it to us!
- They would have a worthy walk (one that pleases Him and bears fruit)- Knowing the will of God demands that we walk in it. While Christians are not perfect, we should have a desire to walk worthy of the Lord.
- That they would be strengthened with all power (that they may endure, be patient, have joy)- This is the power of God…it is the greatest strength imaginable! While we have a difficult task, God has not left us powerless to accomplish it.
- That they would give thanks- We should always be thankful because the Father has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. Paul is once again reminding them of the gospel. We have been delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred into the kingdom of Christ. It’s in Him we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins!
- Are you daily asking God for wisdom and guidance that he might fill you with the knowledge of his will?
- Do you desire to walk worthy of the Lord? Do you ask for it?
- Are you trying to live the Christian life in your own power, or do you depend on and pray for the Lord’s strength?
- Do you, no matter the circumstances, see how blessed you are as a child of God? He has delivered us from darkness and into his marvelous light!
To listen to the audio blog, you can subscribe on Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Play, or Podbean. Thank you for reading/listening and I pray it ministers to you!
1 thought on “Social Distancing Devos: Colossians 1:9-14”