From the blog this week: We continued our Social Distancing Devos through the book of Colossians.
“As many in this emergency situation are being creative in making online worship engaging, there still are a few churchly things that may be a bit more perplexing to figure out. The ordinances are on this list, of which presenting the Lord’s Supper virtually may be a hard nut to crack, especially for those in baptist(ic) traditions like my own.”
“Of course there are things which believers ought to be divided from. There is a false unity which is just as deadly as a bitter division. But there are also many needless divisions which arise in the body of Christ.”
“Similarly, I often bristle at corrections from fellow believers who point out my faults, failures, or sins. My natural tendency (and probably yours too) is to be defensive. However, this doesn’t need to be our only reaction. God’s Word shows us another way.”
“What you’ll hear in this episode
- How parents of depressed teenagers can process their teenagers’ depression.
- How parents can minister to their teen who is depressed.
- How the local church can walk alongside parents and teens who are depressed.
- How to minister to teens who are depressed.
- Advice to a parent of a depressed teen.
- Some specific challenges to teenage depression that make it unique.”