A collection of links from around the web:
From the blog this week: The Holy Spirit’s Role in Redemption
What You Should Know About the Pro-LGBTQ Equality Act
“The bill represents the most invasive threat to religious liberty ever proposed in America.”
More Thinking and Less Amusement in Worship Music
“Literally, the word amusement means “not to muse.” Or more simply, an amusement is “whatever distracts from thinking.” Amusement parks are spectacles where people escape and forget about things as people feel the rides’ thrills and are tickled by many distractions.”
A Spectacle Unto Angels
“To know that so many men and women of the faith are attentive, aware, prayerful for you and I and all that we face. To know that Peter and John, Bavinck and Schaeffer, stand not simply above us but with us. We are, truly, “surrounded” by a great cloud of witnesses.”
Podcast: What About Evil? A Defense of God’s Sovereign Glory
“What you’ll hear in this episode
- Helping people in our local churches process the problem of evil.
- How the problem of evil finds its answer in the person and work of Jesus.
- How the character of God helps Christians address the problem of evil.
- How the glory of God helps Christians with questions related to evil and suffering.
- What it looks like for Christians to walk alongside of those facing hard seasons of suffering.
- How Christians hold the sovereignty of God and free will in tension and not compromise on one or the other.”